[avrdude-dev] Programming problems with RH7.3 and STK500

From: Goran Pufler
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Programming problems with RH7.3 and STK500
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have problem with programming Mega128 device with avrdude on STK500.

I try this on PII-MMX 166MHz/64M RAM with RedHat 7.3, and then I try on Celeron
333 with 192M RAM on RH7.3 but the error persist.

I read prevous messages on this mailing list and I find some similar errors on
W2K system, and I try to increase programming time, but without sucess.
The I suspect a hardware and I try on the same machine (Celeron) with W2k and
AVR Studio - and everything is working fine.
Then I suspect a compiler - I use avr-gcc and test the same code compiled with
WinAVR - but nothing help.
Can somebody help me around this, please?
Here is some dumps of messages that I got.

Regard
raf

avrdude> sig
>>> sig
Device signature = 0x1e9702
avrdude> part
>>> part
AVR Part              : ATMEGA128
Chip Erase delay      : 9000 us
PAGEL                 : PD7
BS2                   : PA0
RESET disposition     : dedicated
RETRY pulse           : SCK
serial program mode   : yes
parallel program mode : yes
Memory Detail         :
                            Page                       Polled
  Memory Type Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
  ----------- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
  eeprom      no       4096    8     0  9000  9000 0xff 0xff
  flash       yes    131072  256   512 18000 32000 0xff 0x00
  lfuse       no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00 0x00
  hfuse       no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00 0x00
  efuse       no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00 0x00
  lock        no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00 0x00
  calibration no          1    0     0     0     0 0x00 0x00
  signature   no          3    0     0     0     0 0x00 0x00
avrdude> quit
>>> quit
avrdude done.  Thank you.
address@hidden raf]# avrdude -p m128 -c STK500 -P /dev/ttyS1 -i gcctest1.hex
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9702
avrdude: reading input file "gcctest1.hex"
avrdude: input file gcctest1.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: writing flash (254 bytes):
avrdude: 256 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against gcctest1.hex:
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:
avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0001
         0x94 != 0x80
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
avrdude done.  Thank you.
address@hidden raf]#