Re: [avrdude-dev] Fix warnings patch

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Fix warnings patch
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:17:54 +0200

As Brian Dean wrote:

> Looks fine to me, Eric.  The only delta I'm not sure about is the one
> to stk500.c.  Does that relate to the code the Joerg added for setting
> STK500 operational parameters?

Yep, it does.  Now i do realize why Eric sent that patch to me
before. ;-)

>  I presume that if Joerg has any
> questions about that he can comment.

I didn't even remember that caused warnings.  Yes, that goto looked as a
simple way to me to avoid overly nested if/else statements, but i admit
i didn't try to hard to write it another way.  I personally feel like
Brian, i'm not adverse to a single goto if it helps keeping the code
clean.  But Eric's version looks fine to me, and i trust him that he
tested it.  (Eric, if you insist on me testing it before you're going
to commit that, let me know.)