[avrdude-dev] Build on recent Cygwin

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Build on recent Cygwin
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:27:50 +1200

Hi Guys,

I'm just setting up a new laptop and downloaded the current Cygwin dev
tools in the hope that I will be able to checkout from CVS and be able
to do a build of the latest code.

I'm just starting from the avrdude-4.1.0.tar.gz file as I have not
attacked the CVS bit yet, but I can CVS over SSH for SourceForge ok, so
I don't expect there to be much of a problem when I get to it.

I can unzip the archive and run the ./bootstrap with no errors

When I run ./configure I get the following error towards the end (Full
output is appended below)

checking for parallel device... lpt1
checking for serial device... com1
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating
.infig.status: error: cannot find input file:

Here are the versions of automake and autoconf

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.6

If I simply unpack the avrdude-4.1.0.tar.gz file and run ./configure it
builds ok. It complains a bit building the doc stuff but seems to
produce an executable.

I had a look in the list archives and note the discussions about the
version non-backward compatibilities of autoconf/make and so I guess
this is more of the same!

Suggestions?

Cheers

Alex Shepherd

Phone  (Home) +64 (7) 854 0819
Email: address@hidden

address@hidden /cygdrive/e/MyDocuments/Projects/avrdude-4.1.0
$ ./bootstrap
+ aclocal
+ autoheader
+ autoconf
+ automake -a -c

address@hidden /cygdrive/e/MyDocuments/Projects/avrdude-4.1.0
$ ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking for tputs in -ltermcap... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... No
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking termios.h usability... yes
checking termios.h presence... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes