Re: [avrdude-dev] Elapsed time patch

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Elapsed time patch
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:54:01 +0200

As Brian Dean wrote:

> Also, with Joerg recently enhancing support for the STK500, the new
> progress update code in place, and with Alex's timing fixes (yet to be
> committed), we are probably nearing a good point to do a release.

I agree.  Took this as an occasion to polish up the web page a bit.
It suffered some serious bitrot. ;-)

>  Of
> course, we won't do anything until Eric gets back, but I figure we
> should probably do a new release sometime in August if we can swing
> that.

That should fit nicely with Eric's intentions to ship a new WinAVR
release in August.  Alas, i'm afraid i won't really fix up the
outstanding COFF issues until then. :(

I recently added a few items to the NEWS file, but someone might
check again that no serious recent enhancement is missing there.