Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding elapsed time

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Adding elapsed time
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Alex Shepherd wrote:

:)Hi Guys,
:)
:)How about adding an elapsed time feature so you know how long it took to
:)program.
:)
:)I found this useful for debugging the delay problems. Knowing how long it
:)took to program was a good indication that changes were having an effect. I
:)have noticed that for the same HEX file the programming time can vary from
:)day to day - rather strange. Having at least the total time helps to
:)quantify this.
:)
:)Knowing just the programming time of each section would be good but overall
:)time is still useful

This should be trivial to add with the new report_progress now in place. I
will have to leave this for someone else to implement though since I need to
get back to gdb stuff.

Ted Roth