RE: [avrdude-dev] optional hash mark progress indicator

From: Rune Christensen
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] optional hash mark progress indicator
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:05:33 +0200

Hello

I have found the following lines of source code from main.c

    /*
     * write the buffer contents to the selected memory type
     */
    fprintf(stderr, "%s: writing %s (%d bytes):\n",
            progname, memtype, size);

    if (!nowrite) {
      rc = avr_write(pgm, p, memtype, size, 1);
    }
    else {
      /*
       * test mode, don't actually write to the chip, output the buffer
       * to stdout in intel hex instead
       */
      rc = fileio(FIO_WRITE, "-", FMT_IHEX, p, memtype, size);
    }

when avr_write is called it's called with ..., 1) where the last one is
verbose (local variable).

from avr.h
int avr_write(PROGRAMMER * pgm, AVRPART * p, char * memtype, int size,
              int verbose);

Best Regards
Rune Christensen