Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:35:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

:)The information we need in already in the config fine (paged=<yes/no>,
:)page_size=<sz>), so it should not be too difficult to add it.

Ok, it was rather trivial so I knocked it out. I have committed the attached
patch.

I think this should be compatible with the older (pre 2.0) avr910 firmware
which doesn't seem to support either paged writes or addr-auto-incr.

Comparing the new avrdude output with uisp, I see a slight difference at the
page boundary. For uisp:

Transmit: { C [43] . [ef] }
Receive: { . [0d] }
Transmit: { A [41] . [00] . [00] }
Receive: { . [0d] }
Transmit: { m [6d] }
Receive: { . [0d] }
Transmit: { A [41] . [00] @ [40] }
Receive: { . [0d] }
Transmit: { c [63] . [0a] }
Receive: { . [0d] }
Transmit: { C [43] . [95] }

and from avrdude:

avrdude: Send: C [43] . [ef]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]
avrdude: Send: c [63] . [0f]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]
avrdude: Send: C [43] . [ef]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]
avrdude: Send: A [41] . [00] . [00]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]
avrdude: Send: m [6d]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]
avrdude: Send: c [63] . [0a]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]
avrdude: Send: C [43] . [95]
avrdude: Recv: . [0d]

Uisp seems to send the addr before and after the 'm' command, while avrdude
doesn't. Programming the m163 is successful in with both programs though, so
it doesn't seem to matter at least for the m163, but I'd like to see some
more data points before I say it's correct.

Ted Roth