Re: [avrdude-dev] 'immediate mode' for file input

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 'immediate mode' for file input
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:26:22 -0400

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:02:57PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> >     -m efuse - selects the extended fuse byte
> >
> >     -f m     - selects immediate mode file type
> >
> >     -i 0xff  - specifies the input byte value (where the filename
> >                    would normally be)
>
> I think using a separate option would be better (IMO), maybe -I for
> direct input.  Otherwise, if you've got a filename starting with a
> digit, you are semi-hosed (you can always specify it as ./filename,
> but who remembers that when it happens?).

I didn't implement any kind of auto detect for immediate mode file
names, so without the '-f m' option, the filename will be treated as a
file regardless.  I.e., the above case, without '-f m', the file
'0xff' would try to be opened and read.

Does that cover your concerns, or have I missed something?

-Brian