Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:26:17 -0600

On 15 Apr 2003 at 14:31, address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a possibility to use my good old AVR910 serial
> interfaces with the new AT megas, specially the ATmega8535 and the
> ATmega32. Unfortunatly the mega8535 is not supported by the avrprog
> 1.37 from atmel :-(
>
> So I updated my avrGcc to WinAVR and discovered avrdude :-)
>
> But I cannot establish a connection between my hardware (with a
> standard AT90S8535) and my Windows PC (Windows2000) over the serial
> AVR910 interface.

AFAIK, AVR910 support has only been recently added to avrdude by Ted
Roth and it is still in CVS only. The avrdude 4.0.0 release in WinAVR
20030312 does not contain this support.

Your options are to build avrdude from CVS to give it a try or to
wait until the next release of avrdude / WinAVR. Note: there will be
an April release of WinAVR (when I can get to it) but it will *not*
include a new release of avrdude.

If you build from CVS, let me know if you need any help as I have a
build script that works.

Eric Weddington