Re: [avrdude-dev] atmega128/atmega103

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] atmega128/atmega103
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:09:34 +0200

As Sander Pool wrote:

> It's easier to use AVR studio and an STK500. It shows all the
> current fuse bit settings with explanations what they do. Check and
> uncheck the boxes to set the new values. Make sure your current
> clock source settings are correct for example.

Symbolic fuse settings have been on my (private, unpublished :) idea
list for some time.  OTOH, we've been discussing the idea to allow
specifying all the fuse settings from within the C source code, which
then find its way through the programming tool.  You could then write
something like

FUSES(CKSEL1|CKSEL2|CKSEL3|SUT0,
      BOOTSZ0|BOOTSZ1|SPIEN|JTAGEN,
      M103C);

(That would reflect the default settings of an ATmega128.)

I've been trying to toss this idea around to an Atmel guy i've been in
contact with, mainly in an effort to coordinate this with other
compiler vendors.  So far, i haven't got a response to that idea
though.