Re: [avrdude-dev] Release?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:25:03 +0100

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > I don't think that this will be an issue when building from the
> > tarball. Have you tried that?
>
> Ah, no, i forgot about the "make dist" detail.  If that works, it'll
> make things a lot easier, sure.

Yes, that seems to work better.  Just wondering:

% ./configure
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
checking target system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
/tmp/avrdude-3.1.0cvs/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/tmp/avrdude-3.1.0cvs/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing

That doesn't seem to have an ill side-effect though.  I've been using
automake17 and autoconf257.

% /tmp/avrdude-3.1.0cvs/missing --help
/tmp/avrdude-3.1.0cvs/missing [OPTION]... PROGRAM [ARGUMENT]...

Handle `PROGRAM [ARGUMENT]...' for when PROGRAM is missing, or return an
error status if there is no known handling for PROGRAM.

  -h, --help      display this help and exit
  -v, --version   output version information and exit

Supported PROGRAM values:
  aclocal      touch file `aclocal.m4'
  autoconf     touch file `configure'
  autoheader   touch file `config.h.in'
  automake     touch all `Makefile.in' files
  bison        create `y.tab.[ch]', if possible, from existing .[ch]
  flex         create `lex.yy.c', if possible, from existing .c
  lex          create `lex.yy.c', if possible, from existing .c
  makeinfo     touch the output file
  yacc         create `y.tab.[ch]', if possible, from existing .[ch]