[avrdude-dev] Mingw build

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Mingw build
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:08:01 +0100

Just want to tell, that I'm planning now and then
to checkout the cvs release, and try to build it under mingw.

Right now, I found the following points/drawbacks adding to the knowed
ones (e.g. Giveio and serial stuff...)

Readline:  has to be installed separately in mingw. There should be a
check in autoconf/automake for this.

The .y script uses the thread-version of strtok (strtok_r): Is this
really needed? I had fixed this with a macro.

GetOpt: There seems to be some mailing list bashing if the headers could
be integrated into mingw or not, don't ask me why.
    I installed getopt-1.0.3 in mingw and copied the resulting .o file
over to avrdude and patched the makefile.
    Many gnu tools provide there own version of getopt. (it's about 10k
in size :)

So long

/Marc