[avrdude-dev] Re: per-user config file - .avrduderc

From: Brian Dean
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: per-user config file - .avrduderc
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:39:00 -0500

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 04:18:54PM -0700, eric wrote:

> FYI, I'm currently considering releasing the next WinAVR during the
> second week in March.

Excellent!  That will be about the time the first production run of my
new board will be available - "MAVRIC - MegaAVR Integrated Controller"
:-) I don't have anything about it on my web site yet, if you'd like a
preview, let me know and I'll e-mail a photo.

> Hopefully that will be enough time to resolve
> the few remaining issues here.

Should be, I would think.

> Which are?.... What, the
> configuration file, some auto tools stuff, and documentation. I
> think that's about it that's needed for a good initial release.

Sounds about right.  The main thing, IMO, is to get basic
cross-platform support working and reliable, and I think you and Ted
have done the bulk of that work with Joerg helping too.  A few other
niceties have come along for the ride but the cross platform stuff is
the biggie.  I've just been trying to help you guys where I can or
stay out of the way.  So, when you all are ready, I'd say we tag the
repo and call it a "release".  I realize we're not quite there yet,
still need some polishing and painting, but I think we're close.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
address@hidden