Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:36:33 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:) > I think that we still need to use the include .depend mechanism.
:)
:) Fine by me.
:)
:) > +CC           = gcc
:)
:) Is this really needed?

Not really. Just habit I think. ;-) I'll remove that.

:)
:) > +YACC         = byacc
:)
:) Hmm, i thought you fixed it for bison anyway?  See Eric's mail.

Nope. I used byacc to get around it not working with bison. My
yacc/lex skills are very weak, so I may not be the best one to fiddle
with this. I will try to look at it, but can't make any promises.

In the end, I think the grammar file should be made to work with both
byacc and bison if possible. Although, even the gdb folks prefer byacc
over bison.

Is byacc available on FreeBSD or is it only known as yacc?

Ted