Re: [avr-libc-dev] Is there any active maintainer?

From: Taavo Raykoff
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Is there any active maintainer?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:56:57 -0500

Thanks for getting back.  No doubt avr-libc is deployed in an incredible
quantity of devices these days, not the least of which is driven by it being
the foundation for Arduino.

Judging by the mailing list archives, it seems there is quite a bit of pent-up
demand for minor enhancements, but it does not look like the 2.0.0 version has
been touched in a few years.

What is the route to becoming an allowed committer — if I or someone has time
to help out with this?

Anyways — the thing that sparked this particularly inquiry is an idea for an
enhancement which I will send to this list under separate cover.  If it’s an
idea worthy of consideration, I’ll submit a patch, in the hopes that it can
become merged with upstream.

Thanks,
Taavo.