Re: [avr-libc-dev] Progmem types compatibility

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Progmem types compatibility
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:48:29 +0100

As David Brown wrote:

> Would it be possible to replace the typedef with a #define?

That's always problematic, given the vastly different way between
the way a macro and a typedef are actually operating.

> I haven't looked at it in detail, so that's just a stab in the dark
> - but it might get the "delay until use" effect you want.

Well, if someone can come up with a scheme that will really work that
way, I agree we could do that (with the __PROG_TYPE_COMPAT__ option to
fall back to the typedef-based deprecated implementation).