RE: [avr-libc-dev] Question on IO header policy

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Question on IO header policy
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:56:25 -0700

It's a good use. While I have some influence in what might go into these
XML files, doing what you suggest would be retroactively adding this
information; not impossible, but this would take some considerable time.
I'm more interested in what to do *now* with this bug report.

> Other than that, I think most people only ever read the
> datasheets, not
> the xml files - names that only appear in the xml files are therefore
> probably of little use.

Except that in the future, we will be automatically converting the XML
file to an IO header file for avr-libc. This makes the XML file just as
important.

Eric Weddington