Re: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:22:20 +0200

As Peeter Vois wrote:

> > Could you draw an outline of how the pieces are working together?

> I was thinking on avrice, that as much I know SHOULD have gdb
> interface that serves the device over TCP/IP using gdb serial
> protocol.

Yes, it does.

> If this is so, then there is needed basically minimal hardware for
> testing (device, ice tool and power supply if not USB powered). I
> hope that if the new device has JTAG debugging support, then the
> tests can be done.

Alas, that will only help for those devices with JTAG support, and
AVaRICE first needs to be taught to handle these devices...  Maybe
AVaRICE can be taught to hande debugWire some day, that would also
cover the newer ATtinys, albeit activating dW looks anything else than
an automatable process.