[avr-gcc-list] Allocating code to separate sections

From: Alistair Gadd
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Allocating code to separate sections
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 07:32:51 +0200

Hi Everybody,

I'm hoping this is an easy one for someone out there.

I'm putting together a bootloader for an ATmega328P using Atmel Studio 6.2 and I would just like to ask if there is an easy way configure the IDE so that I can have separate sections that I can allocate code to. I have been using "-Ttext 0x7000" as a linker flag in "Configuration Manager->Toolchain->AVR/GNU Linker->Miscellaneous", which places all the code starting with reset vector at 0x3800 onwards, but I would like to have another section in the application section where I can place an SD card library that will be accessible by the bootloader and by future applications.

I have defined another "FLASH segment" - ".sdlib=0x2000" in "Configuration Manager->Toolchain->AVR/GNU Linker->Memory Settings, but I don't know how to configure .c source files and assembler .s files so that their code is allocated to this segment.

Can anybody give me some ideas on how I could achieve this?

Many thanks,
Alistair.