Re: [avr-gcc-list] Is it possible to do a combined gcc build that includ

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Is it possible to do a combined gcc build that includes the avr-lib?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:23:36 +0100 (MET)

David Fernandez <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anybody know if it is possible to do a combined gcc build including
> the avr-lib, similar to what can be done for newlib (where I can symlink
> newlib and libgloss inside gcc sources)?

Curious: what would you expect from that, as opposed to do what
everyone else does, and compile the library once the compiler is
done?

AFAICT, the newlib thing is a little different: for architectures
where GCC needs a target library itself (e.g. for stdio), you have
to create a bootstrap GCC, then compile the library, and then
re-iterate over the GCC build to continue with those parts that could
not be done before.

But for the AVR target, that's not necessary.  (I know it the way above
from ARM targets.)
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/