Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about GDB and debugging

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about GDB and debugging
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 23:32:22 +0100 (MET)

Pink Boy <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was wondering if avr-gdb is usuable for debugging, with the t=
> hought of trying to get it to work with codelite.

AVR-GDB is usable.  You need a so-called proxy process that links the
ICE to GDB, this one is calle AVaRICE.

The latest release of AVaRICE doesn't support the JTAGICE3 yet, but
I've been working hard lately to add support for it.  By now, it's
only present in the development (SVN) version but all my recent tests
ran pretty well.