Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GDB testsuite

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GDB testsuite
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:34:56 +0100

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Weddington, Eric wrote:
>
>> Except that you might recall that avrtest was adapted from the
>> original core of simulavr. That's what made me wonder if it might
>> work...
>
> I didn't know that.  However, I'd be surprised if the rather esoteric
> feature of terminating with a "coredump" has been retained, too.  The
> avr-libc testsuite heavily relies on that feature, in order to analyze
> the simulator state "post mortem".

Just to clarify, you're both correct :)

When I initially wrote avrtest, there was some code in simulavr's
decoder.cpp that could be useful, and since they were both GPL projects,
I just took the code and gave proper attribution to the original authors
in the copyright statement.

Apart from that, there is very little in common between the two projects.

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

I have not yet begun to procrastinate