Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bootloader for m324p

From: Pink Boy
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bootloader for m324p
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:42:42 -0700 (PDT)

Sebastian Brückner sez,

> I have been trying to port one of the existing avr910
> bootloaders (namely [1] and [2]) to an ATmega324p without
> much success.

I spent some time trying to port a boot loader to the the
Atmega324p and found it not really worthwhile.  If you are
using WinAvr all the routines you need are there in boot.h
and they are portable.

> They even claim to succesfully write to flash whatever I
> feed them but in every case the application flash section
> is still all 0xFF afterwards (verify fails and reading
> via ISP returns all 0xFF).

One thing I found with the Atmega168 is that the uP is picky
about executing out of the boot sector when setting up the
write to flash, including writing to the page buffer.

> I suppose the error is on my side, but just in case it
> saves some trouble: Has anyone successfully used avr-libc's
> boot.h functions with an m324p? Are they expected to work?

I used them under the m168 but not the m324p.

Mr Foo