RE: [avr-gcc-list] Function Pointers on AT90USB1287 and ATmega2561

From: Stu Bell
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Function Pointers on AT90USB1287 and ATmega2561
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:18:30 -0700

Pete wrote:
> My previous projects (work related) used the ImageCraft compiler,
> and they have a host of functions, such a cmemcpy, cstrcpy, etc,
> that are similar to the *_P functions.  But they also have cmemcpyx,
> cstrcpyx, etc, that use ELPM instead.  Is there similar work
> considered for the *_P functions?

The file I have has extended functions for all the functions defined in
pgmspace.h.  Carlos said something about trying to integrate his
morepgmspace.h with pgmnspace.h, but I don't know where that is.  Since
it is his code, I don't feel comfortable making the changes.  On the
other hand, with the license he's got on it, theoretically anyone could
do the work.

Interested? ;-)  The hard part is the documentation, I would guess.

Stu