Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues

From: Wouter van Gulik
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:15:57 +0100

The exit through the "exit port" already shows the address. Its only the exit through "rjmp +0" that doesn't. I'll change that to make it consistent.

On exit you print CPU_C while in log you print CPU_C * 2. That's the difference, and CPU_C is not so useful. Having the "true" address makes referencing back into a .lss file easier.

And the total number of cycles past.

The latest version in CVS already does that. Just use:

Oops missed that change, I thought it was just speed update. And now it also has more readable logs. Keep up the good work!

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/winavr co -P avrtest

to check it out, and then a simple "cvs update" will be enough to always keep the latest version at hand.

BTW, Andrew sent me a test case he tried in both avrora and avrtest and the total cycle count matched almost exactly: 7934 cycles for avrora, 7935 cycles for avrtest. I bet the one cycle difference is from the last OUT instruction, that avrora simply "breaks" before executing it, while avrtest actually "executes" it.

This makes me think, can't we make the BREAK OPC code the exit code? This will make it absolutely impossible to exit while writing to (the wrong) memory. Now any write to the exit code memory location can end the program.
Point is BREAK is probably not supported for other architectures?
Have you tried the testsuite with a different architecture already?

So, the cycle counts seem to be all correct now,

Oke that's good news!

Wouter