Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: confirm 70e8cedc7c9b034344df26628372e8690f48d513

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: confirm 70e8cedc7c9b034344df26628372e8690f48d513
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:09:55 -0700

This may be a Vector issue... IIRC my build on Slack 11 when smoothly.... been a while though.
-dave

Rory Galvin wrote:
hi Folks,

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  (Memory Slot A on my laptop died, then
yahoo cancelled my webmail account for reasons as yet unclear. grrr)

Well, Francesco was right on the money.  In Vector 5.8 (slackware 11) the
default profile sets both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS with the offending compiler
Francesco's avr-install script from the avr-toolchain kit worked an absolute
peach.
(http://www.develer.com/oss/AvrToolchain)

I'm surprised that the vectorlinux forums haven't picked this up already
since vector 5.8 has been out since Jan 07.  Either this default profile is
a new thing, or the distro just aint used by avr-gcc users.

I really appreciate the help, lads.  Though this was a trivial problem in
the end, I can't tell you how relieved I (and my deadline) were to nail this
one.

Cheers,

Rory