[avr-gcc-list] Doubts on ATmega128(L) clock speed

From: Leonardo B. Oliveira
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Doubts on ATmega128(L) clock speed
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:31:05 +0100

Hello everybody,

I have some doubts about ATmega128's clock speed I'd much appreciate
comments on them.

First of all, is there any difference between ATmega128 and
ATmega128L?  I mean, by reading the datasheet it seems that
atmega128L runs up to 8MHz, while ATmega128 runs up to 16MHz. Is this
conclusion right?

Besides, to specify clock speed the only thing I need is to set up
properly the option "-DF_CPU"?

Lastly, is it possible to change clock speed at running time? I mean,
i wanna, e.g., change the clock speed from 4MHz to 8MHz after a
couple of operations have been carried out.

Thx so much in advance

--
Cheers,

  Leonardo

"I told myself, 'he (Pelé) is flesh and blood, just like me.' I was wrong"
Burgnich, 1970 World Cup Final