[avr-gcc-list] ATMega32 fuse bit problem

From: James Pascoe
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega32 fuse bit problem
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:34:25 +0100

Hi All,

Apologies for the following question which is very OT, but there is a
good chance you guys can help.

I am using an ATMega32 and inadvertantly programmed the fuse bits wrong
:-( ... instead of setting
the fuse bits to use a 16 Mhz external crystal as the clock source, I
programmed the chip to use the low frequency
crystal oscillator setting. Of course now, I can not program the device
anymore.

Does anybody know if there is any way (other than getting hold of a
32.768 Khz crystal) that I can recover the device ?

Many thanks for any suggestions,

James