RE: [avr-gcc-list] OT: anyone successfully use the CLKPR feature in them

From: larry barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] OT: anyone successfully use the CLKPR feature in themega88?
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:20:03 -0700

While generating a minimal test case I discovered that the feature works
exactly as advertised, no funky NOP's needed.  So, my problem was
(naturally) my own clumsiness.

I don't know why (yet) but I am guessing that by resetting the CLKPR in my
interrupt handler I ran a-foul of a classic failure: my state variable
tracking the CPU speed was not declared volatile and would get out of phase
every so often (one hint was the regularity that the speed change failed,
about once every four control cycles...)

The speed change works reliably after I pulled the reset out of the handler
and put everything into the main loop.

Cheers!