[avr-gcc-list] Re: How to rebuild AVR-GCC for Windows?

From: Chen Xiao Fan
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: How to rebuild AVR-GCC for Windows?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:26:26 +0800

Bob Paddock wrote:
> Apparently not.  Boss was just told that this morning.
> So he is going to probably switch to a ARM part
> from Philips for his project.  This makes two sockets
> Atmel has lost from us in the last two months due
> to availability problems.

[OT]
Has the delivery problem been solved? Our corporate component
manager in Germany earlier this year has suggested not to use
any Atmel AVR parts any more due to delivery problems (we used
AVR almost exclusively for ultrasonic sensors and optic sensors
because of nice features and small footprint --> we need 5x5
QFN or smaller parts).

Now we use Silicon Labs C8051F3xx and maybe small PICs in
Singapore and the Germany colleagues are looking at
alternatives to AVR as well.
[/OT]

Regards,
Xiaofan
Xiaofan Chen
R&D Engineer, Photoelectric Sensor Development
Pepperl+Fuchs Singapore
http://www.pepperl-fuchs.com
Signals for the world of automation