Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help, Compiler ignores some part of the function!

From: Mike Young
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help, Compiler ignores some part of the function!
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:40:29 -0600

I would think the lst file is in error rather than the compiled result. (How else can we continue on with any sanity?) It's not unusual for the compiler to inline static functions, but that likely isn't the situation here.

Maybe try rewriting the condition as an extern (as opposed to static) function: If nothing else, it will clean up the error value calc.

    if (IsInRange(errVal, lowVal, HiVal))
    { ... }
    else
    { ...}

Turning off optimization won't give you meaningful information about optimized assembler.

Try adding a debug print statement in the true and false sections. (Flash a light, bleep a bleeper, write to the usart, ...)