[avr-gcc-list] Naming styles and conventions

From: David Bourgeois
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Naming styles and conventions
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:49:36 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to define a style to use in my code and I would prefer to follow the conventions used in avr-libc. What's the meaning behind the __ and _ that we can find before/after functions and variables names in avrlibc?

__file
__boot_eeprom_spm_safe
_BV()
__SPM_REG
__attribute__
_delay_us(double __us)

I also found that macros are sometimes uppercased and lowercased. Is there a different meaning behind this or just a mix of styles?

#define eeprom_is_ready() bit_is_clear(EECR, EEWE)
#define _EEGET(var, addr) (var) = eeprom_read_byte ((uint8_t *)(addr))

If someone has a nice C style guide to share, I'm interested too.

Thanks,
David Bourgeois