Re: [avr-gcc-list] Special Statistics-Measuring code?

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Special Statistics-Measuring code?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:34:34 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

simulavrxx is able to give some statistics for interrupts, like execution
time, max/min time from set flag to start handler and some more. If only c
code is used it is simple to add statsitics for function execution if we
monitore stack push/pop operations and combine the measured values with
symbols from elf file.

It is also very easy to add monitoring for stack/heap usage and other hard
to debug statistics in real environment.

I had started to develop some interface with gprof, but I was not able to
generate the correct input file formats for the tool. If someone is
interested to restart this feature we can start again. (Old code is thrown
away).

If we can discuss a feature list here and find some good ideas I will
implement this in the next months. Cold and wet winter time for germany,
maybe, but actual whether conditions speek against new features :-)))

Regards,

   Klaus

,