Re: [avr-gcc-list] Reading block from EEPROM ?

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Reading block from EEPROM ?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:45:16 +0200

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

I tried:

eeprom_read_block( ui_param_status, 0, PARAM_NB);

but it's doing something funky !
Once I program this into the AVR, and let avrdude reset it, and it runs
for the first time, it will write 0xFF to all concerned EEPROM
locations ! But, if I then modify the EEPROM content, and power off/on
the AVR, it does read the EEPROM correctly, as expected.

I have already started pulling my hair...
Hi Vincent.

Check that avrdude is told not to erase the eeprom before reflashing (the default value for flash/eeprom for unset memory is 0xFF). I guess your problem is coming from that and not single byte/block read. I don't remember the correct avrdude option at the moment however.

 Bernard