[avr-gcc-list] sram initialization

From: Ewout Boks
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] sram initialization
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:16:01 +0200

Hello everyone on this list,

I hooked up an external sram to my stk501 dev board (which I use with an
atmega64). The external sram is visible and useable (set SRE bit in
.init1 ) in my application, but for some reason the variables I declare
without an initial value (and thus should go into the .bss section) all
appear to have a value 5 instead of 0. My app crashes because of this.

Normally the .init4 section should clear anything in the .bss section.
Does this work just as well with external sram? Has anyone else observed
this behaviour ? Or am I seeing something wrong with my hw setup and do
need to insert wait states. The memory I use is a Cypress CY7C1019B-15VC
with 128x8 and 15 ns access time.

Ewout Boks