Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????

From: Victoria Welch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:55:33 -0800

On Sunday 30 January 2005 23:28, address@hidden
wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't get to "live" in AVR-space 100% of
> the time (I do mostly hardware & FPGA development), so I
> often get confused with the cbi & sbi macros,
> specifically I am never sure what I should be using
> instead; at least this discussion has clarified that I
> shouldn't be using them, although it hasn't really
> discussed what is the alternative. I always thought "sbi"
> was clearer than "_BV", but maybe that's just me.

Apparently it is to me as well :-).

> I really like the proposal put forward by Eric regarding
> the bit operations below; I hope something like that
> makes its way into avr-libc in the near future.
>
> My vote would be to use the lower-case operator (as in
> bit vs BIT), I don't know why, maybe I just have
> nightmares about old FORTRAN classes...

LOL, my years of COBOL may be the reason I agree with

Take care, V.
-
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7.  "Engineering is the art of making
what you want from things you can get."-  Jerry Avins
"Learning about the U.S. from the mainstream media is like
learning about plumbing by sitting in a cesspool."  --
Michael Phelps