[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [avr-gcc-list] I found a bug in avr-libc-1.20 realloc

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] I found a bug in avr-libc-1.20 realloc
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:23:56 -0700
User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.3 (Windows/20040803)

Peter wrote:

Hi all!

I am new to this list. I am working on a projekt with an atmega103 right now,
and I am using avr-gcc. I must say, the whole toolset works very well for me
so far.
I am using ddd with avr-gdb and simulavrxx simulating an atmega128 for debugging right now.

Today I found a bug in libc's realloc function:
When you shrink a memory block by a size of 4 or more, realloc overwrites the first 2 bytes of the block, and I think it also doesn't add the block to the freelist correctly. Not sure about that yet - I'm not too familier with the implementation right now.

You can always view the source code implementation at the avr-libc project on Savannah:

If you happen to find any bugs, it's best to fill out a bug tracker at the project page at the link listed above. That way we don't lose track of any problems.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]