Fw: Fw: [avr-gcc-list] hi guys a new bie having prob with IAR format

From: Royce & Sharal Pereira
Subject: Fw: Fw: [avr-gcc-list] hi guys a new bie having prob with IAR format
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:55:35 +0530

Hi Richard,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Urwin" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [avr-gcc-list] hi guys a new bie having prob with IAR
format

> On Tuesday 18 Jan 2005 5:45 am, Royce & Sharal Pereira wrote:
> > Hi  Gaurav,

All one has to do is to open the header file and see what's inside, to know
why it is used. How can one know what's inside a header file used in someone
else's code?

> > > i m not able to figure out what is TCNT3,16bit in atmeg128, doing
> > > in this
> >
> > particular code
> >
> > Huh? This is from your own mail:
> > * Supported devices : This example is written for the ATmega128.
>
> That's what he said. He's got code for the 128 under IAR that he wants
> to understand and port to the 169 in AVRGCC. That's a perfectly
> acceptable request. Maybe you want him to write off avrgcc users as
> insular ogres and develop in IAR instead?

I did'nt read his question like that...he asked what  is TCNT3, a 16bit
register in ATMega128, doing in code written for ATMega128(maybe it should
be worded differently?).
Anyways you did not anwer his query either, though you were able to
understand his need better than me ;)

Most of his queries above would be answered by a quick glance at the data
sheet of the device he wants to port it to as well as the avr-libc doc.
I know what it is to be a newbie...my first question to the list got me the
answer that I had an extra semicolon in my code. Did I feel stupid!
Since then I always check the docs/datasheets/avrfreaks site etc. before
throwing a question at the list. A little work here never hurt anybody...in
fact that's the reason why some members can answer others' queries.

Thanks and regards,

Royce.