Re: [avr-gcc-list] mass stupidity with registers and longs

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mass stupidity with registers and longs
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:46:54 -0600

On Jan 13, 2005, at 11:35 PM, Peter Bosscha wrote:

I've been using the following (don't have 3.4.1, but should simply work
?)

typedef union {
    long l;
    struct {
        unsigned char byte0,byte1,byte2,byte3;
    };
} longbytes;

Only thing I'd do different is use uint32_t and uint8_t in place of "long" and "unsigned char". No matter if the CPU was AVR or not.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden