Re: [avr-gcc-list] newbie trying to get at90s8515 to work on breadboard

From: Chris Donovan
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] newbie trying to get at90s8515 to work on breadboard
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:24:20 +1100

> >  I have connected pin 40(vcc) to the +9V supply(tried 5-9V) with
> >  misc
> > resistance to lower it to 5V.  When I connect up portb0 on the
>
> Use a voltage regulator. When one is a beginner do not add to the
> variables. Use components and circuits that one knows works. A  LM7805
> Regulator with a 10uF Cap on the output should do the trick. Use some
> decoupling caps as well. 100nF should be fine.
>
> Make sure of your oscillator circuit as well.  If the code works in
> the MCU on another board, then the problem is most likely with your
> circuit.

  Where can I find out more about voltage regulators and how they work?
More to the interest of what type I need and how to figure it out on my
own.  I really am quite new to this whole electronics thing.  Simliar
perhaps to ohm's law about finding out the resitance I need to lower my
voltage, and other variables.

Chris-