Re: [avr-gcc-list] New prosessor goes into stack violation!

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] New prosessor goes into stack violation!
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:14:08 -0700

Ben L. Titzer wrote:

No, this address is not, as I can understand, in the interrupt vector table. There are relatively few interrupt vector in this processor compared to the ordinary AVR processors. Since it originally is used in smart card applications it also has very limited I/O.

Since this is in the startup code and no calls or anything has been done, the SP has not changed from its initial value. The only thing it has done some far is to set the SP and start copying from the end of the program area in flash to SRAM.

As you can see from the disassembly this is ordinary avr-gcc startup code:

The interrupt vector table is in flash anyway, and ST writes to SRAM, so this shouldn't have anything to do with interrupts.

Duh. Of course.

Sorry I have to ask again, but what is the actual value of SP when the store occurs?

BTW, how much RAM does this particular chip have? The AT90 series had a maximum of 512b IIRC.

Looks like 3K:
<http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/1316S.PDF>