[avr-gcc-list] New prosessor goes into stack violation!

From: Per Arnold Blåsmo
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] New prosessor goes into stack violation!
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 12:05:26 +0100

Hi you gurus :-)

I need some help her to get the code for AT90SC3232CS running.
As some of you might have seen, I have tried to make avr-libc work for the secureAVR chip AT90SC3232CS.

My compiler chain works, and I am abel to make a small "hello world" app. work.
But when running a larger app, the program crashes in the startup code.

It starts the __do_copy_data routine and enter the .do_copy_data_loop. But after a number of iterations it crashes and says "stack violation". I am not sure that is the correct error, because on the emulator it light up "illegal address".

It happens when the operation 'ST X+, R0' executes and X=0x00fe.

This leads me to believe it is something with addresses and maybe with linker script?

I have the linker script for these processor for the IAR compiler. I am not the strongest :-) in linker scripts, is there any
description on how to convert the scripts from IAR to  avr-gcc?

Annyone care to help me out here?

--
Per Arnold Blåsmo

e-mail: address@hidden