[avr-gcc-list] Re: binutils patch for ldi,adiw,ldd

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: binutils patch for ldi,adiw,ldd
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:04:20 +0100 (MET)

Hi Dmitry,

> Tests for Klaus's patch are work (a little).
> With binutils's DejaGnu engine.

Great!
If the framework is ok for writing additional tests you should
spend it to the official binutils.

> Klaus, two questions about your patch:
>
>   1. What is the reason to ignore big values in
> boundary's control (elf32-avr.c: if ((srel & 0xffff)...) ?
> Address in flash (for example) has big displacement, yes,
> but for this case work lo8() and ...AVR_LO8_LDI .
> May be: `if (srel < -128 || srel > 255)' for ldi and
> `if (srel < 0 || srel > 63)' for others?

The delta of an eeprom address and an ram address for example is
0x80000+x to 0x810000+y and I want to get only x-y for copy routines
from eeprom or flash to ram or ram to eeprom or what you want.
This simply skip the offset from flash/ram/eeprom address.

>   2. Is it true to place new BFD_RELOC_AVR enums near olds,
> to the middle bfd-in2.h (not to the end)? This would change values
> for rest part of other targets.

As I see all BFD_RELOCS are sorted by target. Thats all.
Other new RELOCS are also added somewhere in the existing range.
I hope the maintainers check for this details and the patch was
applied at 22.12.2004.

> Notes about attachment:
>   - Not all is made now.
>   - Printing error message for overflow (ldmain.c, line ~ 1430)
> produce `Segmentation fault' while 4-th argument (file name) is
> excluded. `2.15' do not print such details. I have exclude this
> arg.
>   - Today I run `make check' on other computer --> error in
> `check-DEJAGNU' target.  It is possible to use `-k' option.

Nice to hear that you are on the track. For me actually I will not start
with testsuite items. I think if you have written the checks for my addon
so the work is allready done. Thanks a lot. If I find a bit time the next
days I will look for your work a bit.

I have enough work with simulations and my "personal" projects. The reason
I started development for gnu tools was that I have a own project which
needs
this :-) And believe me, simulavrxx contains a lot of work :-)

Again, thanks and a happy new year.

Regards
Klaus

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail