Re: [avr-gcc-list] cant compile simulavrxx

From: Johan Nilsson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] cant compile simulavrxx
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:36:45 +0100

Klaus Rudolph wrote:

If you have unpacked binutils in /x/binutils-2.15 then you simply have to give :

./configure --with-bfd-path=/x/binutils-2.15/

I have done this and all i get is ***ERROR*** and it says that it doesnt find the libbfd.

I´m wondering a bit.

You have to give the path to the directory where you have compiled! the binutils, not the path where
you have installed the binutils. Maybe this is a misunderstanding?

i didnt compile avr-gcc, i downloaded it with synaptic and then i downloaded binutils2.15 and made ./configure --target=avr.
After that i tried to compile simulavrxx as i said before....

If you still get this error please send me your compile tree output from find (find . -exec ls -lsa {} \; -print) in the directory below the unpacked binutils and the full command you have given for configuring simulavrxx. Please also the actual working path where you give the commands (output from pwd command or the path given from bash before the prompt in each command line)

Thanks
  Klaus

Happy New Year! ...