Re: [avr-gcc-list] What are these Tiny26 warnings?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What are these Tiny26 warnings?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:31:55 -0600

On 30 Aug 2004 at 20:49, Bob Paddock wrote:

> > ignore those warnings. (Even the WinAVR README mentions this.)
>
> I looked in the ReadMe it said "ignore them".  That is a bad idea.
> Ignoring warnings leads to complacency in ignoring warnings that are
> important.

The ELF->COFF convertor was written by Jörg Wunsch, you've probably seen him
around on
the list. He's the one that told me that you can ignore these warnings, that's
why it got put into
the WinAVR README.

The ELF->COFF converter will eventually go away once AVR Studio has good
ELF/DWARF2
support.

> > COFF altogether. Atmel has a version 4.10 of AVR Studio
>
> Only place I could find 4.10#365 is on the Atmel Beta Tool site.
> atmel.com still lists 4.09.     I'll give 4.10 a try.
>
> I didn't know how widely Atmel wanted the Beta site published?

The link to that site is making its rounds on the AVR Freaks website
(www.avrfreaks.net) so it's
widely published now anyway. No worries.

Eric