[avr-gcc-list] Writing Oscillator Cal. byte

From: Royce & Sharal Pereira
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Writing Oscillator Cal. byte
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:49:48 +0530

Hi,
Is there a way to automatically extract the Osc. Cal byte (eg. the 4 MHz byte
for ATMega8) & insert
it into the flash hex file during programming at a predetermined location?

I'm using SP12. There is a Perl script example to do this under Linux, but I'm
using windows. Is
this possible under windows? There is no clue to do this in AVR Dude too.

I guess one can read the cal byte & manually programme the flash location, but
this could be prone
to error.

Thanks,
--Royce.