Re: [avr-gcc-list] preserve state during watchdog reset

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] preserve state during watchdog reset
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:52:29 -0800 (PST)

If you don't have an initial value set for a variable (in RAM), it should
retain it's value through a reset.  In other words:

uint8_t some_variable;
uint8_t some_other_variable = 0x80 ;

some_variable, while undefined initially, will hold whatever value it had
before WatchDog reset, while some_other_variable will *always* get reset
to 0x80;

Keith