Re: [avr-gcc-list] 32 Kb Sram trouble

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 32 Kb Sram trouble
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:00:58 -0700

On 27 Jan 2004 at 12:41, Dave Hansen wrote:

> >From: "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>
> [...]
> >1. Do NOT use WinZIP to unpack the tarballs.
>
> I assume you suggest this because of WinZIP's proclivity to insert CR
> characters when thery're not wanted while expanding tarballs.

Yes.

> While this is the
> default operation of WinZIP, this misfeature _can_ be repaired.

Great!

> The details may be different for different versions, but for version 8.0,
> select "Options", "Configuration...", select the "Miscellaneous" tab in the
> dialog, and uncheck the "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion" checkbox.  Then
> click
> OK.  Problem solved.

However, that's changing it through a GUI. Which is fine, but if you're using
Cygwin, you already have have all the tools you need (well... if you download
the right packages) and you can do it from the command line, which can then be
encapsulated in a shell script for automation.

Thanks!