Re: [avr-gcc-list] linux gcc compilation problem

From: Artur Lipowski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] linux gcc compilation problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:12:22 +0100

Helix wrote:

When I built avr-gcc I specified --prefix=/usr/local/avr-linux
So I gcc build have generated avr-gcc, avr-as, avr-ar, and so on
GCC build cannot generate these tools, they are generated during binutils build (they also must be installed before avr-gcc build is performed). You have to specify crosscompilation options for configure and slighty diferent prefix (or you will need change PATH variable before using avr-* tools).

For binutils and gcc you can use following command:
../configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-languages="c,c++" --disable-nls --target=avr i686-redhat-linux-gnu

Remember that this should be done in separate and empty directory.
Of course instead of redhat you can put your favorite dostro name and also omit c++ langage.

I hope this help.

Regards,
--
Artur Lipowski