RE: [avr-gcc-list] converting gas-generated stabs debugging symbols to

From: Larry Barello
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] converting gas-generated stabs debugging symbols to Atmel coff-format
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 06:20:42 -0800

Try looking at this:

http://www.avr1.org/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2003-April/004204.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Haase Bjoern
Since we will have applications with a certain amount of assembler code, it
would be *very* helpful if
we could step through our assembler source code during debugging.
And that is where I have encountered problems: So far, I did not succeed in
debugging assembler source with the AVRStudio tool.

(I have scanned the archive since september 03 when the avr-objcopy patch
for coff-avr has been published. Unfortunately, I did not find a solution
therein.)

It seems to me, that the problem is related to the conversion procedure
trying to translate the ELF- information to the archaic COFF format.